About This Course
OSCE training at the Merlin Center, UK.
This course is a 5-Days On-site Face to Face Practice at any of the Merlin Centres UK. Candidates will have an account to access and prepare initially with the OSCE crack course materials including Merlin’s E book of OSCE and pre-recorded videos before starting the 5-Days Onsite Intensive training with OSCE Expertise Mentor using the real articles of OSCE.
Day 1 – APIE & Skills
Day 2 – APIE & Skills
Day 3 – PV & EBP + All stations revision
Day 4 – All stations revision
Day 5 – Mock Test
Arrival time at Merlin Centre is on or before 09:45 am on the first day, and the session begins at 10.00 am and finishes at 6.00 pm.
Training Centre 1 – Northampton,UK
Merlin OSCE Centre
60 Gold Street
Northampton, United Kingdom
• Merlin OSCE Centre is located at the heart of Northampton Town Centre.
• Most importantly close to the Northampton University OSCE Test Centre, making it an ideal location for OSCE practical training on the days before candidates appear for OSCE in the Northampton University.
• Northampton Railway Station is within a 2 minutes walkable distance from Merlin OSCE Centre making it an easily accessible location from all over the UK.
• Birmingham and London Heathrow are the nearest Airports.
• Travelodge Northampton Central Hotel and Ibis Hotel are in the same lane of Merlin OSCE Centre.
• Car Parking is available at NCP St Peters Way Car Park, NN1 1TP.
Training Centre 2 – London,UK
Merlin OSCE Centre
Park Royal, London UK
• Merlin OSCE Centre London is located at Park Royal
• Ideal location for OSCE practical training on the days before candidates appear for OSCE in the assessment centres based in Swindon and Oxford which are part of the Oxford Brookes University. Only an hour or more driving distance from Merlin OSCE Centre.
• Only 20 minutes driving distance from Central London to Merlin OSCE Centre Park Royal London
• Accommodation can be booked at the nearest Travelodge Park Royal London Hotel.
• Car Parking is available from APCOA Parking Services who operate the hotel car park on behalf of Travelodge.
Mentor guidance is also provided on the UK Visitor Visa for self OSCE appearing candidates.
- Course rooms 1, 2 and 3 have notes, and videos of APIE and skill stations.
- Charts of NEWS2, GCS, PHQ9, MUST, Community Observations, Peak Flow Meter(PFM), Fluid Balance, Mid-Stream Urine Analysis(MSU).
- Care plans
- Implementation chart
- Transfer of care letter
- A nurse should clear the NMC Part 1 Test of Competence, CBT in order to subscribe to Mentor Merlin’s NMC OSCE Live Class. Offline classes and mock OSCE are for the nurses currently in the UK.
- Once you subscribe to the course, please start with Course Room 1 which is simple in language and compact. The topics in course room 1 will give you an idea about what OSCE is and some basics of OSCE.
- Before every live session with the tutor, if you could read the station and watch the video at least once it will benefit you far better.
- Be regular for the sessions.
- Nurses in their home country who have cleared NMC CBT.
- Pre-registered nurses in the UK who are waiting for registration.
10 Stations OSCE Materials (Beta Content) [Copyright Protected]
Merlin Book of OSCE00:00
All Scenario Care Plans00:00
Pressure Area Assessment Practice Scenarios00:00
10 Stations Videos at a Glance (Beta Content)
PV & EBP00:00
06 Stations OSCE Materials
Must Read Topics – Identify traps in OSCE
Must Read Topics – Hand Hygiene
Must Read Topics – The 6 C’s of Nursing
Must Read Topics – Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS)
Must Read Topics – National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
APIE – Introduction
APIE – Assessment
APIE – Planning6:16
APIE – Implementation17:02
APIE – Most Common Drugs
APIE – Evaluation5:50
Skills – Administration of Inhaled Medication (AIM)8:40
Skills – Aseptic Non Touch Technique (ANTT)00:19:40
Skills – Basic Life Support (BLS)00:03:28
Skills – Catheter Urine Sample Collection (CUSC)00:11:20
Skills – Fluid Balance Calculation (FBC)00:10:18
Skills – Intramuscular Injection00:14:46
Skills – Midstream Specimen of Urine (MSU) and Urinalysis7:25
Skills – Peak Flow Meter (PFM)00:10:08
Skills – Subcutaneous Injection00:14:18
Skills – Urinary Catheter Removal (UCR)11:42
Skills – Visual Infusion Phlebitis (VIP) Scoring and Intravenous Cannula Flush10:00
Skills – Fine Bore Nasogastric Tube Insertion (Preview Content)00:07:42
Skills – Pressure Area Assessment (Preview Content)
Revisions – Common Mistakes And Errors
06 Stations Role-play Videos at a Glance
A big thanks to Mentor Merlin team for your support to achieve this great success. I really appreciate the way how you people are coordinating the classes and approachable to time. Once again thank you all for your great support and help.
Mentor Merlin OSCE Class are definite satisfaction guarantee for your money. They provided all the detailed teachings to maximise my potentials within a short time frame. Keep up the good work MM! I would recommend you to everyone.
"Thank you Mentor Merlin.
I'm glad to let you know that I've passed my OSCE.
I give glory to Jehovah for making this possible, I will forever be grateful to Mentor Merlin and your exceptional mentors; they provided the required knowledge to pass my OSCE and good emotional support.I'm very grateful"
My experience with Mentor Merlin is profound from CBT up to OSCE. I passed cbt through Mentor Merlin group and guidance. The online free classes and questions helped me pass cbt. And for Osce, I joined it 20 days into my exam, but the lessons online, the teaching materials gave me what I wanted. The videos guided my practice every day and built my confidence. The explanation of the tutors, wow, answered my questions. And then the mocks I did and the encouragement of the assessors that I can do it, gave me the confidence to give it a go. I am most grateful.
Mentor Merlin helped me a lot in clearing my OSCE and the classes which were taken were in detail and they used to clarify all the doubts then only used to move forward. I thank all the mentors for helping me to clear my OSCE and my coordinator Emma helping me throughout the course. I definitely recommend Mentor Merlin for nurses who are planning to take up OSCE classes. Thank you Mentor Merlin…
"I want to deeply thank Mentor Merlin for training and equipping me with all the knowledge I needed for my OSCE exam. They patiently answered all of my questions and concerns no matter how many times I asked. I didn't feel alone all through my preparation. I registered for the 3 days face to face assessment with a mock test where I gained more confidence for the exam. I passed my OSCE exam at the first attempt because of GOD and Mentor Merlin.
I am really lucky and grateful to Mentor Merlin especially for the OSCE preparation. I thank Edwin and Anu for all the support and encouragement I have received from them especially for the clarification of my doubts one day before the exam. I joined this platform not even with a week in hand because of a friend and never thought it could help me out this much. The videos were very helpful, especially I'm grateful that they have even included the documentation of the necessary charts. I would recommend anyone who wants to desperately pass OSCE in one attempt to try MENTOR MERLIN... Trust me it's worth it... don't even have a second thought about it.. .THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN
I really want to appreciate and thank the whole mentor merlin team for my success in the OSCE and the way of teaching and explaining everything was outstanding. Then in the OSCE 3-day on-site training at Merlin Centre Northampton, the tutor demonstrated every single procedure and cleared doubts. Thank you.
It's very helpful for me because I attended 5 days of class and won on my first attempt. It's only because of your classes and your teaching way is very good.
I heartily wanna thank Mentor Merlin for helping me to pass my OSCE easily in one sit. Literally, I took only 2 weeks of an online class and 5 days of on-site training. All the staff is very supportive, helpful, and responsive. Enough material to practice. Especially thanks to CR for guiding me throughout my on-site training and thank you to all staff too.